Wondering How This Type Of Therapy Is Reducing Fibromyalgia Pain?
Maybe you are researching Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF), Negative Ion, Hot Gemstone, or Far Infrared Radiant (FIR) Heat Wave Therapy because you’ve been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia or are looking for a drug-free therapy option.
While there is a lot of information and options available, it is very confusing when one is looking for the best and most trustworthy source.
It is very frustrating the mounting expenses from doctor visits and prescription drugs prescribed for joint pain. Not to mention also having to deal with the ongoing joint pain and intense flare-ups. Many suffer from numerous short term and long term very negative effects from the pain relief drugs.
With the confusion of what source of information to trust, the mounting expenses, side effects, and pain, what do you do?
Whether you are new to the devices providing 4-Simultaneous Therapies – Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF), Negative Ion, Hot Gemstone, and Far Infrared Radiant (FIR) Heat Wave Therapy, or not, this articles is intended to share with you how it is helping alleviate fibromyalgia pain for people worldwide.
FIBROMYALGIA PAIN RELIEF OPTIONS – THE BASICS
When you received your diagnosis, the doctor likely gave you an overview on what fibromyalgia is and how things will likely be in the future. Most commonly, you were also given a prescription to help alleviate the pain.
Unfortunately, nearly all prescription drugs used to ease fibromyalgia pain have harmful short and long term side effects. While you need to follow the guidance of your primary care physician, have you asked yourself if the prescription pain meds are only masking the symptoms of fibromyalgia?
According to costhelper.com, typical costs for fibromyalgia pain treatment are:
- Fibromyalgia sufferers seeking medical treatment would start with an office visit to a primary care physician, which is typically covered by health insurance. For uninsured patients, an office visit typically costs $50-$200 or more. If necessary, a primary care physician may refer the patient to a rheumatologist.
- Duloxetine (Cymbalta), pregabalin (According to WebMD, Drowsiness, dizziness, headache, dry mouth, nausea, constipation, and weight gain may occur.), and milnacipran (side effects according to WebMD are Nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, constipation, loss of appetite, dizziness, increased sweating, headache, or hot flashes (flushing)) are approved specifically for the treatment of fibromyalgia. For patients not covered by health insurance, these can range in cost from nearly $90-$200 for a 30-day supply.
In just 5 years, total costs can range as high as $10,000 or more.
And even with insurance, not even taking into account the harmful side effects from the prescription pain medications, co-pay costs could easily exceed $2,500 or more.
Fibromyalgia is is a common chronic pain disorder that causes widespread pain and tenderness to touch that may occur throughout one’s body or start and then spread over one’s body. It is often contributed to “oversensitive or overactive nerves.” The chronic pain can negatively affect one’s sleep as well as contribute to depression or generalized fatigue.
Make sure to ask your physician the questions:
- What is the cause of my overactive nerves and causing the pain?
- Aside from pain medications, what can I do to feel better and continue having an active lifestyle?
- What natural or alternative therapies are available to reduce my flare ups and joint pain?
The more you can understand the cause of your pain, the easier it is to understand how the 4 Simultaneous Therapy approach is helping alleviate fibromyalgia pain and flare ups.
WHAT CAUSES FIBROMYALGIA?
Scientists have varying ideas, however, various studies suggest that stress, other diseases, lack of movement, emotional abuse, anxiety, can contribute to increasing the risk of fibromyalgia. Ultimately, doctors can only see the symptoms of fibromyalgia, which is in the form of joint and body pain as well as flare ups.
This often leaves patients frustrated with no solution in sight.
This leads patients to look for alternative methods that are long term less expensive, without the side effects, and help address things on a deeper basis instead of just trying to mask the pain.
Could 4-Simultaneous Therapy help you have a better quality of life?
HOW 4-SIMULTANEOUS THERAPY HELPS ALLEVIATE FIBROMYALGIA PAIN AND IMPROVE QUALITY OF LIFE
Patients often complain that over time, the start building up an immunity to the pain meds, that while once effective, are only working with greater and greater doses. This comes with greater and greater side effects. Or, that their doctors are referring them to yet another specialist with the pain continuing. This leads to a lot of frustration and confusion.
4-Simultaneous therapy provides 4 different types of natural therapy at once to aid in reducing fibromyalgia pain. This is providing Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF), Negative Ion, Hot Gemstone, and Far Infrared Radiant (FIR) Heat Wave Therapy at once to provide the greatest benefits.
The first type of therapy is Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy.
Studies in the bottom of the blog post linked cite the studies supporting the benefits provided.
- PEMF therapy helps boost the lymphatic system. PEMF therapy helps stimulate the blood vessels to bring additional oxygen to tissues and joints as well as to reduce waste products. This results in healthier cells which can aid in reducing swelling and pain.
- PEMF therapy aids in improving blood flow. Research studies document that increasing blood flow as well as oxygen to the cells helps reduce pain.
- PEMF therapy improves sleep and helps increase energy. Sleep is essential for one to re-energize oneself and for one to have energy the following day. As pain is alleviated, sleep is more likely to be better and wehn so, a boosted energy level naturally ensures.
While there are numerous short-term methods like ice-packs for pain, and prescription meds with side effects, the ideal is to focus on a holistic natural solution that addresses the causes.
The second type of therapy is Negative Ion Therapy.
It is normal to feel a sense of well-being and vigor when one visits the forest or beach, where there are massive amounts of negative ions. Negative ions contribute to an increased oxygen flow in one’s body, reducing stress, and increasing serotonin levels. They also help contribute to greater levels of Alpha brain waves of around 8 to 13 hertz, which we experience when we are relaxed and happy.
As negative ions increase the flow of oxygen to the brain, they not only enhance task performance and increase levels of energy, they promote alpha brain waves which increase creative thinking and reduce depression.
Since our brain waves are related to different states of consciousness, when we experience an overload of stress and tension we have low levels of brain wave activity. Alpha brain waves, which are around 8 to 13 hertz, usually occur when we are feeling happy, relaxed, and in a positive mood. They promote feelings of contemplation, peace, relaxation and stillness. This also helps reduce cortisol levels, strengthen the immune system, counteract stress and reduce pain symptoms from fibromyalgia.
The third type of therapy is Hot Gemstone Therapy.
Hot gemstones, such as amethyst, tourmaline and obsidian are commonly used in massage therapies to boost the healing and pain relief effect
The Homeopathy School of Colorado concluded, in a five-year study of five groups of students, that amethyst had positive effects relieving headaches and nerve pain. The Sa Pharmaceutical Journal studied various gems including Amethyst and evidenced positive effects on pain relief, muscle spasms, rheumatism and insomnia. Many people believe that amethyst crystals emit negative ions and can bring about the benefits of negative ion emission.
Tourmaline emits far infrared radiation in the 4-14 micron wavelength. Electromagnetic radiation in the far infrared range is able to boost the immune system and promote detoxification. In fact, far infrared therapy is widely used in Japan by Kikohshi, people who heal by the laying of hands.
Obsidian is commonly cited as helping with digestion as well as to dissolve blockages and tension. It may also reduce the pain of arthritis, joint problems, cramps and injuries.
The fourth type of therapy is Far Infrared Radiant (FIR) Heat.
FIR contributes to increasing energy levels in one’s body as well as helping one’s body regenerate (20). FIR also helps release toxins in one’s body. FIR, in a study in Germany, helped to regulate heartbeat and the viscosity of blood (21). FIR emitted from heated Amethyst, can promote an increase in feelings of well-being and calmness (22). Another study also showed that giving patients 20 minute FIR treatments three times a week over a period of 3 months, resulted in improved functioning and pain relief (24).
WHERE TO GET 4-SIMULTANEOUS THERAPY
The good news is that the benefits of 4-Simultaneous therapy can be provided just by laying on a mat that is specially designed to provide Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF), Negative Ion, Hot Gemstone, and Far Infrared Radiant (FIR) Heat Wave Therapy.
The mat will heat, you will relax, ideally listen to soothing music or do a meditation. And, you will receive 4 simultaneous therapies intended to alleviate pain, improve health, and improve your overall well being.
HOW TO CHOOSE A 4-THERAPY MAT
1. SIZE. The mat should more than sufficiently cover your entire body as well as arms (to reach elbows, joints, and hands). Keep in mind of the massive interconnectivity of one’s body and the importance of bringing wellness to your entire body even if pain right now is just in one area. A small mat could require 10 times or more the time using it to get the same amount of benefit as a mat 74″ x 28″.
2. MAKE SURE IT INCLUDES 4-HEALING TYPES AT ONCE. Since you are going to be using the mat regularly, the ideal is that you get the greatest benefit from scientifically demonstrated benefiting modalities. These are: NEGATIVE ION, HOT GEMSTONES, FAR INFRARED RADIANT HEAT WAVE, and PULSED ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD THERAPY (PEMF).
3. STONES. Most mats lack the natural amethyst, obsidian and tourmaline stones and only provide pulsed electromagnetic fields. There is a reason that these stones have been used for healing purposes for centuries. Some mats skip stones by replacing with a few LED’s, but we recommend maximizing the healing stones and getting a full powered Red Light device separately for maximum healing
4. VALUE. Choose a 74″ x 28″ or larger amethyst, tourmaline and obsidian mat priced under $1,000.
5. CERTIFICATIONS. The only 2 critical certifications are that the manufacturer is FDA registered and that the CE certification is in place. While some companies list other memberships, these are the only two to make sure a company provides.
6. WARRANTY. The company must offer a 365-day or greater warranty posted as such in their Amazon Listing page.
For more information, you can click here to view the VitaliZEN Mat.