If you’ve ever felt unsure of what path to take, if it is really your intuition speaking, felt cut off from your intuition, or wanted to develop it more, this is for you.
Intuition is a deep and broad topic, and to keep things simple, I’ve organized this video into 3 sections. First, I’ll talk about various definitions of intuition and the one that I’ve adopted. Second, I’ll give you some signs that your guidance is coming from your intuition instead of your ego or mind. Finally, now that you know what intuition is and how to recognize it speaking to you, I’ll share tips to strengthen it.
Intuition is one of numerous abilities that you enhance as you develop your energy skills. Make sure to subscribe and activate notifications to be notified of the latest videos on energy related topics. And for tips not shared here, my instagram is @ericmichael.en
What is intuition?
I’ll share 5 different definitions of intuition and explain mine.
1. Psychology today defines intuition from a psychologist perspective:
“Intuition is a form of knowledge that appears in consciousness without obvious deliberation. It is not magical but rather a faculty in which hunches are generated by the unconscious mind rapidly sifting through past experience and cumulative knowledge.
Often referred to as “gut feelings,” intuition tends to arise holistically and quickly, without awareness of the underlying mental processing of information. Scientists have repeatedly demonstrated how information can register on the brain without conscious awareness and positively influence decision-making and other behavior.”
2. Yoganda a spiritual guru defines intuition.
“Intuition is that power of Spirit inherited by the soul by which truth is perceived directly, without the medium of any other faculty. lotus gold left Intuition is soul guidance, appearing naturally in man during those instants when his mind is calm. Nearly everyone has had the experience of an inexplicably correct “hunch” or has transferred his thoughts accurately to another person.”
3. An energetic definition of intuition.
“Everything is energy. Energy connects everything. Energy carries information. The past, present & future all exist simultaneously. Therefore, as energetic beings, we have access to the past, present & future at any point in time via energy..”
4. Quantum physicists touch on intuition.
“We know there is virtually instantaneous communication of information in the subatomic world between particles separated by vast regions of space and these particles act is if they have knowledge of events before they happen. This “nonlocal communication” seemingly exists outside the confines of space and time as we currently understand them.”
5. The HeartMath institute defines intuition.
“Intuition is the process of perceiving or knowing something without conscious reasoning: knowledge of events such as an act of nature that has yet to happen; or knowledge of a distant material object such as an unseen obstruction blocking the highway ahead. Researchers with the HeartMath Institute and many others who have conducted numerous controlled and scientifically validated studies over more than half a century have expanded the definition of intuition to include not only conscious perception by the mind alone, but also by the body’s entire psycho- physiological system. This unconscious perception often is evidenced by subtle changes in emotions and measurable physiological changes that can be detected throughout the body, according to the study Electrophysiological Evidence of Intuition, 2004.”
Whether you choose to define intuition as coming from within your memory bank of past experiences or also from beyond your physical body is your choice. You’ll likely agree that there is more around and within us than we can see. Perhaps you call it the quantum field of potential, ether, our soul, connection to the akashic records, universal mind, eternal spirit, or something else. Likely you have already adopted the definition of intuition as a guidance from within and from beyond you, but if you haven’t, I encourage you to consider it.
Whether the guidance is received from your heart and packaged up and sent to your brain, received in the neurons in your gut, or picked up in another way through your energetic field, you receive the messages. Then you can choose to act on them. And in my life and that of students, the more we make decisions based on intuition, the better results we have.
But how do you know when it is your mind or ego or intuition speaking?
Intuition vs. Ego & Mind
While these may vary from person to person, here are 7 signs to help you understand which one it is.
1. Messages from your intuition lead you to a sense of confidence and happiness even if it doesn’t make complete sense to you right now.
2. Intuition is non-emotional while mind & ego are. You feel a sense of knowing with intuition but the emotional upset, joy, pleasure or other emotions is absent initially. Only later after thinking about the intuitive guidance and/or taking action on it do emotions start to arise.
3. Messages from your intuition come when you are calm and present while ones from your ego and mind come when you are agitated.
4. Intuitive guidance you’ll often perceive first in your heart and may even be before an event occurs. In a study by the HeartMath institute, participants showed first a heart response and then a brain response to images shown. And this happened before the images were displayed on the screen to the participants.
5. Intuition guides you to a greater positive good while ego and mind often are generally focused on more for you, defensiveness, and lower vibrational states.
6. You may notice the same intuitive messages repeating themselves in your life, becoming stronger if you don’t act on them. One could say that it is the universe getting your attention until you listen to it.
7. Intuition comes as the next step to take but often doesn’t reveal the complete big picture or destination. For example, “speak to that person” could be a message from your intuition. And then after you do this, the next step reveals itself to you. Mind and ego are all about planning each step with the destination clearly in mind.
Intuition is an incredible power that we all have access to and some use more than others. As I learned to rely on it more and more, all aspects of my life transformed in positive ways.
How do you develop your intuitive abilities?
1. Cultivate a continual calm mind. The 5 step meditation for beginners is an excellent starting point. The link is in the description.
2. Balance and harmonize your energies by time in and in contact with nature.
3. Practice asking your intuition and accepting that the answer will come when it is the right moment.
4. Note down and evaluate all the ideas that come to you at random times. The ideas may come in the form of words, pictures, symbols, noticing things around you or something else.
5. Cultivate a group of people (or within yourself) who trust the intuitive messages received. Many of us have grown up with influences saying not to trust the ideas one is getting (or that the messages we get mean we’re crazy). As a result, often intuition has become weakened or silenced. The more you trust it, the stronger it gets.
6. Experience already having what you want and then release. Allow this projected hologram of your desired reality to trigger the intuitive guidance that will come at the perfect moment.
7. Cultivate the habit of looking at challenges as part of the process. As Thomas Edison said, “The first step is an intuition—and comes with a burst, then difficulties arise. This thing gives out and then that–Bugs- as such little faults and difficulties are called, show themselves.”
8. Practice becoming more aware of your heartbeat and rhythm. Place your hand over your heart. Notice it’s beat. Now, when you receive a message, see if you sense a change in your heart beat or rhythm. If you do, it may mean that the message is an intuitive one.
Now I’d love to hear from you. How is your intuition speaking to you and what questions do you have about intuition?
Receiving intuitive guidance on what to do next in life is extremely powerful. And the essence of it is energy. If enhancing this power and others on an energetic level are of interest to you, you’re invited to attend the free energy methods masterclass. Link is in the description.
And if you liked the video, please give it a thumbs up and subscribe and activate notifications to get more similar content.
To your powerful, clear, and incredible intuitive guidance.